April 21, 2022
It’s 2022 and more than ever, there are so many ways to make money online as a virtual assistant. Now, more people are flocking away from working for someone else and gearing towards making an income working for themselves online. There are many reasons why many people dive into becoming a virtual assistant but, the main reason is that there isn’t an income cap.
When you work a traditional job, you can only earn so much for your skillset, no matter the highest position you can achieve. Being a virtual assistant also gives you freedom and flexibility to work from home or, from any corner of the world, whenever you want.
Now, becoming a virtual assistant isn’t a get rich quick scheme and it does take effort and hard work to be successful and scale your virtual assistant career. However, you may be wanting to become a virtual assistant but aren’t sure what type of work you can actually do to make money online. This post will go into 30 ways you can make money online as a virtual assistant. Keep reading to learn more.
1. Social Media Manager (Instagram, TikTok, Facebook)
First, pick your favorite social media platform to do business with and offer that as a service. Tasks for social media managers usually include (but not limited to);
- Use marketing tools to maintain social media activity
- Develop social media marketing campaigns
- Engage with the brand’s audience
- Research social media trends
- Create a content calendar
- Setting Key performance indicators
2. YouTube Editor
Youtube is still the number one choice for long form video content and many business owners need help with editing because they rather spend time filming. Here are some tasks associated with being a Youtube editor.
- Editing raw footage
- Embedding music and narration
- Creating thumbnails
- Youtube topic research for titles
- Adding subtitles
- Organize video clips
- Adding music or music research
3. Pinterest Manager
Next, is becoming a Pinterest manager to make money online as a virtual assistant. Pinterest is the largest visual search engine and so many brands are starting to realize its effect for inbound marketing, traffic and conversions. As a virtual assistant offering Pinterest marketing services, you can offer management, ad campaign management, pin creation, scheduling and more.
4. Blog Content Writer
Blog writing is crucial for organic traffic and google rankings and brands are looking for content writers that know how to write engaging articles that build a community, increase brand awareness, visibility and credibility. Here are some tasks you may do as a blog content writer;
- Generating, researching, and pitching topic ideas for posts
- Writing, editing, publishing, and promoting blog content.
- Promoting new posts using emails and social media to alert/attract new readers
- Advocating and educating others about interests, products, or services
5. Search Engine Optimization Management
Search engine optimization is important for brands because they’re main goal is to continue to scale their customer base which leads to more conversions. In order for new people to constantly find new brands, brand owners are investing heavily in SEO. As an SEO virtual assistant, you may be responsible for
- Optimizing web copy and landing pages for search engine optimization
- Performing ongoing keyword research including discovery and expansion of keyword opportunities
- Researching and implementing content recommendations for organic SEO success
6. Website Developer
With so many local brands moving online and so many people starting businesses online, website developers are on the rise for hire. If you’re good with coding, html, frameworks and other web developer tasks, consider creating a virtual assistant career focusing on website development.
7. Website Brand Strategist
A brand strategist tells a story. This is crucial for brand owners who want their website visitors to connect with their brand and their products/services in a certain way that sparks action. If you have a good visual eye, consider becoming a brand strategist. No need to know how to actually build a website. You can work in tangent with a website developer instead.
8. Bookkeeping and Accounting
The amount of small businesses that do not know how much their business is bringing in versus spending is a bit sad. As a result, this is exactly why more small business owners are investing in bookkeepers and accountants to help them understand how their business is bringing in money and spending it.
9. Graphic Designer
We’re not talking just using Canva when it comes to graphic design. Look at the bigger picture when it comes to this virtual assistant career like creating product labels, website designs, brochures and more. You can also pick up new skills by learning different graphic design platforms that most businesses prefer you use like Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop.
10. Email Marketing Assistant
Email marketing is not dead and it’s here to stay! Brands are constantly wanting to reconnect with past and new customers and email is the way to do it in a relationship type way. If you are good at writing emails and can be persuasive with your words, look into becoming an email marketing virtual assistant to make money online,
Here’s 20 more ways to make money online as a virtual assistant!
- Website Copywriter (sales page, product descriptions, email marketing)
- Google Analytics (or website analytics) manager
- App developer
- General Admin. Manager (task heavy)
- Creating PowerPoint Presentations for Brands
- Online or In-person Event Manager
- Photography Editor (Image editor)
- Content Creation
- Research Marketer within a specific industry
- Website Maintenance Assistant
- eCommerce Virtual Assistant
- eBook editing, publishing, formatting
- Affiliate Management Assistant
- Community Manager
- Shopify Virtual Assistant
- Public Relations Assistant
- Data Entry and Excel Sheets
- Podcast Manager
- Webinar Manager
Tips to picking the right virtual assistant career to make money online
- Take the time to think about what skill you possess that you’re asked about for help with
- Define your target audience and what tasks these people may need help with that align with your skillset
- Never stop learning new skills so that you can always expand your virtual assistant career to more opportunities and people looking for on demand skills. You can take free or paid courses to expand your knowledge in a particular industry.
- Keep a portfolio or a website of all past work or examples of your skill set so that you have something to offer potential clients seeking virtual assistants within your industry
- Set a schedule and be organized. Never take on more than you can handle just because the pay is better
- Stick to the tasks and operations you outlined in your client partnership. Many people think VA’s will do anything they ask but, stay strong and remind your client the work you were brought on for.
Ready to start your Virtual Assistant Career?
Are you ready to start your virtual assistant career but need some strategic guidance? Let’s chat! Book a 60 minute 1:1 call and I’ll help give you the guidance to grow and scale your Virtual Assistant business. You will also be provided with a playback of the call. My strategy calls are designed to help all business owners build a plan and strategy in order to grow your business so it’s perfect for a new VA like you!